So I am going home in a few short days... I will write a post about that soon. But, one of the things I am most looking forward to is eating. This is obvious. Being here has made me appreciate our tremendous variety of food options like no other. I started craving the most RANDOM things, so I started recording said cravings in my gmail because I thought it would make a pretty funny list come December. Maybe this will only amuse me... but here are some, in no particular order...
• A cinnabon (if there is one in the Atlantic airport, I am going there with my roommate the second that I get off the plane back onto familiar land)
• A large chipotle barbaccoa burrito with a ton of the super-hot salsa, plus chips and guac on the side
• Large Vanilla iced coffee from McDonalds (ew…)
• Blue ____ (paradise? Something) margarita and boneless buffalo chicken strips from Chili’s
• A frosty and fries, and a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s
• A double-double and a vanilla shake from In-n-Out
• Chinese Chicken Pasta from California Chicken Café
• Crunch Roll from Ami Sushi in Westwood
• Edamame, tempura, miso soup, BBQ tuna and some kind of amazing roll from Mikuni
• Strawberry whatever topper from Jamba Juice
• “iced mocha” from Boba Loca aka bad iced coffee with some nesquik chocolate milk poured in (unrealistic)
• Real milk, like, from a gallon
• Ralph´s low fat ultra-pasturized chocolate milk
• Crunch wrap supreme from taco bell
• Blue moon on tap with an orange!!!
• A REAL breakfast with bacon and sausage!
• Fat Tuesday’s cat-5 hurricane with an extra shot (unrealistic)
• Strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar (you have to try it!!)
• Cinnamon teddy grams dipped in rainbow chip frosting
• Caramel apple cider, caramel frapp and passion tea lemonade from Starbucks plus holiday gingerbread if they still make it
• A sprinkles red velvet cupcake
• Garlic fries from Damon and Pythias
• Trader joe´s hummus on their naan bread
• Panda express orange chicken (I know, I know…)
• Covel pasta (unrealistic)
• Enzo´s eggplant pizza (when drunk)
• My mom’s carrot cake and peanut butter cookies with the Hershey’s kisses stuck in the middle
• Rubio´s fish tacos
• Half a baguette, dill sauce, spicy Thai soup and Asian noodle salad from La Bou
• Fire feta zestas with gyro meat from Daphne´s Greek café
• Strawberry lemonade, miso salmon and chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory
• A toasted hoagie from wawa with caramel apple dippers and milk (very unrealistic)
• A NYC black and white cookie (also unrealistic)
• One of those Chocolate Orange things where when you open it, it kind of splits open like a real orange! (WTF??)
• A fluffernutter sandwich
• Eggo minis cinnamon toast waffles
• Like, five hundred Pizza Hut breadsticks. Even if I have to buy them at Target. Ooo, and Olive Garden breadsticks too.
• Starbucks Mud Pie ice cream
• Spicy pork Asian dough ball thing from Famima! (unrealistic. Especially cuz every time I try to go buy one they are sold out)
• A cosmic rita, raspberry mojito, calimari, pizza, and those cheesy potato things from Palomino at happy hour
• Wetzel’s pretzel bites with the sweet glaze icing frosting stuff
• Pigs in a blanket!!!
• A Bruin Café hot ham and swiss sandwich (seriously? Gross! Weirdest craving ever) (unrealistic)
• yellow tail pinot grigio
• sesame bagel, toasted, with honey almond schmear from noah's bagels
• circus animal cookies with the frosting and sprinkles!
• chinese restaurant lunch special near my house
• Mel's oreo milkshake
• jack in the box curly fries with buttermilk ranch and large shake
• red mango with strawberries, banana and capn crunch
• little debbie´s oatmeal cream pies
• pastries and anything resembling coffee cake.
• Puppy chow! (that stuff with the chocolate and the PB and the chex…)
• Produce OUT OF SEASON!
This blog makes me so excited to go home and also scared for the twenty pounds I am going to gain (but it will be well worth it). It makes me more scared for pregnancy… if these are the things I want when my hormones are in order, then what the heck is going to happen to me?? I guess I will worry about that when the time comes…I have not eaten any of this stuff in how many months? Never again will I take food options for granted. Ever!
From the list, I am slowly learning that (pick one)
1. I love food more than I thought.
2. I am going to gain at least twenty pounds when I am in the States.
3. 90% of my money at home will go to food.
4. Pregnancy is going to be a bitch.
5. All of the above.
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment